Crispy Pork Wontons Recipe
- 1lb lean pork mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Place the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in a food processor and blend until very finely chopped. Add the pork, coriander and Chinese five spice powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then blend again briefly to mix. Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and with floured hands shape each into a walnut-sized ball.
2. Brush the edges of a wonton wrapper with beaten egg, place a pork ball in the centre, then bring the corners to the centre and pinch together to make a money bag. Repeat the remaining pork balls and wrappers.
3. Pour sufficient oil into a heavy-based saucepan or deep-fat fryer so that it is one-third full and heat to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F. Deep fry the wontons in 3 to 4 batches for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through and golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen towel.
4. Serve the crispy pork wontons immediately, allowing 5 per person, with some chilli sauce for dipping.
Serve and enjoy this Chinese Food Recipe – crispy pork wontons